What is this post?
This is a weekly review that I will publish at the end of every week.
I'll include notes on my progress, new ideas swimming in my head, and plans for the future.
I'm experimenting with the frequency so this may turn into a biweekly or monthly review.
What I did last week
- I published 5 Reasons I Quit My Job to Build Passive Income Businesses on Medium
- I purchased the domain flexibilityisfreedom.com and set up this blog in less than an hour using BlueHost (FYI, this is an affiliate link)
- I created a rough outline of my ebook on acne scars
- I completed week 5 of Athlean-X. I bought this program in Sept 2016 when I started my job and I've only managed to get through the first month. No excuses now!
- I hung out with my family for most of the week and got lots of sun 🙂 We celebrated my Dad’s birthday and the Canada Day long weekend with a BBQ, hot weather, and cold drinks!
- I played more Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild than I really should have...
What I need to learn ASAP
- Wordpress: the most popular content management system (CMS) used to build websites.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): the art & science of getting traffic from Google Search.
- Design: create functional and aesthetic websites.
- Daily Routine: focus on productivity and getting things done.
- Writing: practice, practice, and practice!
Plans, plans, and plans!
- Testing: I want to test my idea for a niche website on acne scars. I'll collect data through an online survey distributed via Reddit forums.
- Email Marketing: I've already read several posts on the importance of starting an email list and I'm planning to do that ASAP.
- Timeline: In my next weekly review, I'll have a clear timeline of my goals ready. By writing them on this blog, I'll have more incentive to hold myself accountable to those goals.
I hope you have a fantastic rest of this week! Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next post.